Friday, December 4, 2015

Student Spotlight #13: Elkins Pointe Middle School (United States)

Isabella

My name is Isabella Drake. I am 13 years old and was born in Roswell, GA, USA. I speak English, Italian, and a little Spanish. My mom was born and raised in Italy and my dad was raised in a small town in Indiana. My mom and dad met when they worked in London, England. My mom learned English and moved the USA after they had two daughters.

Some of my favorite hobbies are swimming in my pool or jumping on a trampoline. I do gymnastics 6 hours a week and enjoy watching American football. My favorite type of music is pop. The foods I really like are Italian, Japanese, and American. My favorite American food is bacon cheeseburgers, or a New York strip steak.Three words that describe me are intelligent, athletic, and confident.

One of my favorite memories from this year is when I went to Italy and I got to see my friends that I had not seen in years.

Something Moroccans should know about America is that you may think we have a lot of freedom, but we don't. Our parents are always scared that something will happen to us if we go out alone. Therefore adults are everywhere.

Do you have a lot of freedom in Morocco? What are the schools like? Do you live in a city or in the country? Are there a lot of big cities in Morocco?

Other things I would like to tell you are that the schools here might be different than in Morocco. Here, we have 8 different classes. When each class is over a bell rings and we have 4 minutes to get to the next class. Two of those classes are called "connections", which are classes like art, music, drama, physical education, health and more. Our connections classes change every nine weeks, During the four minutes between classes we can go to our lockers, the bathrooms, or to get water. Also, one of the periods a study and lunch period. My schedule is: band first, then physical education, then social studies, then science, then Spanish, then lunch, then math, and lastly language arts. When the school day is over some people walk home, some get picked up in a car by their parents, but most students ride the bus home.

No comments:

Post a Comment