Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Student Spotlight # 24: Lycee Ouzoud (Morocco)

Nawal

Hi everybody! I'm Nawal Ait SiM'hand. I'm Moroccan and I live here in Azilal City. I'm a student in the Access Program for studying English. I'm a hard-working person and I am friendly and kind. But sometimes I become shy when I talk with people I don't know which is what I like least about my personality. 

My favorite sport is volleyball. It is exciting and fantastic. When I am sad, I usually play it with my neighbors. My favorite film is the love story Titanic. I watch it once or twice a month. 

Now I am going to tell you about our culture. It is rich! Moroccan people have a lot of activities like applying henna and eye khol:


In Morocco people wear all different clothes, especially the women. For example.

*In the Sahara, women wear Malhfa


*In the north of our country, in places like Tangier and Titwan, they wear Haik

*In the middle of the country, like where Azilal is, they wear varied types of traditional clothes like djellaba and caftan


Here in Morocco, in a place called Ait Magoun, people celebrate the blooming of the flowers every year in March because there are a lot of different beautiful flowers there. 


Moroccan people are also very kind. They give even if they don't have. They are the most generous people in the world.  All Moroccan people have a sense of cooperation. Despite the different languages and the mix of Berbers and Arabs there is no conflict between these two. Arabic and Tamazigh are our primary languages. Our religion is Islam, the religion of mercy and forgiveness. 

So guys, I hope I have succeeded in showing you some fun information about my country, Morocco. I hope you like our culture as much as we like always reading about your culture because our countries are like brothers. 

And finally I hope you can tell me all about your culture too! 





No comments:

Post a Comment