Saturday, November 7, 2015

Student Spotlight #3: Lycee Ouzoud (Morocco)

Said

My name is Said Imzili and I am 16 years old. I speak Amazigh, Arabic, French and English.

I have a big family who live in Azilal with me: 2 sisters, 4 brothers, and my grandma. My dad is retired and my mother is a housewife.

I have three words that maybe describe me: happy, helpful, and easy-going.
My hobbies are : playing sports, reading, getting up early, and helping my mother in her housework.

My favorite sports are basketball, soccer, and swimming. I can swim in the pool in Azilal, in the Ouzoud waterfall, and in lake Bin El Ouidan. My favorite foods are popular foods like meat tajine and couscous.

A memory: We celebrated Eid El Kbir (or Eid El Adha) recently. It is a religious celebration. The children wore new clothes. In the morning, I got up early. I kissed my parents hands and heads. We ate a big breakfast with all my family and people in the neighborhood. Afterwards we went to the mosque for Eid prayer. After that we slaughtered the sheep and ate "mechoui."
In the afternoon we visited friends and relatives. With them we drank tea and ate cakes. In the end, other family and neighbors invited us to dinner.

Something Americans should learn about Morocco is that Morocco has a different culture, and Morocco itself has many cultures. Each place in Morocco has its own culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment